MA International Relations – Student Resources

This website aims to assist students who have been offered a place in the program.


MA IR students are members of both collaborating universities and are thus entitled to apply for housing in the Bremen Student Association (Studentenwerk Bremen) servicing all state-funded higher education institutions in Bremen.

Due to lack of room in the Jacobs University colleges, it is no longer possible for graduate students to obtain a room on campus. You should therefore begin to look for a room off-campus even before arriving in Bremen. The website of the Graduate Student Association (GSA) at Jacobs University provides further information.

While we cannot directly help you in finding the right apartment for you, we can give you some helpful tips. You can start your own search for your new home online via the webpage of the city of Bremen, which will help you to locate flatshares and flat vacancies. It is recommended to have a German speaker with you when looking at apartments or signing a contract.

Career Services at Jacobs University

If you are interested in internships, mock interviews, help with applications, the Career Service offers a variety of workshops and online resources.